Home maintenance may seem like a bore; however, it’s a great way to make sure your space is kept in great condition. With so many nooks and crannies within and outside the home, sometimes it’s difficult knowing where to start.
Here is a home maintenance checklist to keep handy to help inspection of your home go smoothly:
Monthly home maintenance checklist
Regular home inspections can save you time and money in the future. If there’s anything amidst, catching it quickly can help you stop the problem from advancing further. Here are a few maintenance tasks to handle monthly:
- Check for leaking sinks and toilets.
- Inspect your HVAC systems.
- Clean out your garbage disposal.
- Check carbon monoxide detectors.
Seasonal home maintenance checklist
Seasons can be harsh on your home’s exterior. Seasonal maintenance can help your home to stay in good shape. Here are a few areas to examine throughout the seasons:
- Start your spring cleaning by raking up leftover leaves from fall and winter.
- Cover up your air conditioning unit during colder months to protect the air filters from debris.
- During the Fall, have a professional check your water heater to ensure it’s ready for cold weather.
Overall, home repairs and maintenance can seem daunting. However, the upkeep of your home is worth it. By staking on top of your home’s condition, you save money and time.